Mathematics is a tool of interpretation, thinking, analysis, modelling, problem solving, and the efficient communication of results and solutions. It is an interdisciplinary subject essential in many areas of education and beyond. As such, the mathematics teachers at Reservoir High endeavour to deliver the highest standard mathematics curriculum.
At Reservoir High, we aim to advance mathematical learning and provide the foundation knowledge and the skills necessary to participate effectively in school mathematics and beyond.
Mathematics teachers at Reservoir High believe engagement with the mathematics curriculum is crucial and endeavour to create inspirational learning environments to help students engage with their learning. We:
- provide strategies for student engagement at appropriate levels
- identify individual learning needs and problems, and target our teaching to those needs
- scaffold student mathematical learning
- up-skill and advance students according to their needs
- use accurate and reliable assessment tools to identify mathematical achievement and to map individual student success
Years 7 to 10
Consists of three strands:
- Number and Algebra
- Measurement and Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
All strands are cumulative and sequential.
Year 11 and 12 (VCE)
- Foundation Mathematics
- General Mathematics
- Further Mathematics
- Mathematical Methods
- Specialist Mathematics
Additional Mathematics Programs
- Numeracy program at year 7 and 8 (an up-skill program to enable students to cope with the mathematics curriculum)
- SEAL program (accelerated mathematics program)